Sickness healed... check.
Renewal madness started... check.
Ready to get back to a normal schedule that really won't happen till after New Year's... triple check!
All in all, I suppose the last few weeks have been a learning experience.
- One can't write and drive at the same time in long car trips. Actually, the composing portion of your brain doesn't pack and stays at home.
- Whatever romantic plans you're hoping for will be ruined by the weather and your boyfriend's head cold.
- The sister who always made everyone late waiting for her to get ready still hasn't changed.
- Heather Sellers is right; you can't work when you're sick. This includes creative work, housework, backlogged housework, or driving anywhere. However no one will believe you are too sick to do whatever they need you to do for them, even if they are in the same house with you and see how many times you're running to the bathroom.
- Your boyfriend will surprise you with an insight about your work habits and be right, reminding you why you love this man when you're starting to suspect you are just suffering from a need of perverseness.
- You can't please either family for the holidays. My first thought is to not leave my house and they can come visit next year. But Chad's probably got the safer solution with a neutral location.
- There is never enough time off to get the backlogged housework done.
And I think that's a pretty good summation of my life for the last two weeks.
I had a good long visit with Billy and Misty last night, in town from Florida briefly. I hope 2006 vacation schedule is better and we'll be able to head to Florida.