Thursday, September 15, 2005

Writer's Pique Continued

Mid-project blues? Probably a portion of the feeling. I don't remember feeling it this often though. Maybe less projects? Less demands on time? I keep getting the urge to make lists. But I've already gone through my stories and made my assignment list for them. (Okay, I do have to FIND the list, but I know it's in the paper basket in the living room.) So where did I flub this time? Because I flubbed somewhere in my plans and it's not Katrina's fault.

I never got my research done on markets, so I never did my grand mailout. Hence I've been stuck. I also don't like how the clutter is... well... cluttering. Bad chi everywhere. So I need to clean, cleanse, read, mail, and write.

And no time is hardly a valid excuse. I find plenty of time to waste. Right now is slow at work and I'm not taking advantage of it. Just like the exercising.

All right, enough of the self-bashing. I'm going to do those things. But first I have a paying obligation to finish the resource guide and then a non-paying obligation.

Still my observation for this morning is why do I torture myself with lists of good intentions that I can never finish? Yesterday, I made a 9 item list and got hung up with item one--shopping for necessities--for an hour longer than I expected. 30 minutes of it actually spent in the checkout line for two items but hell, that was all it took to wipe out the rest of my energy. Class tonight, so it's shot too. Friday I have to myself, maybe I can seen some progress.

And hopefully my new modem will be delivered and I can put my office back together too. Meanwhile I've killed a notebook and need to transfer stuff from it and get to work on the resource guide. And find a snack, I forgot breakfast today.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: