Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Put today in a blender and hit shrapay

I had such good intentions for today. I had a brainwave last night driving home to start writing in the morning before getting into the car to come to work. I was going to try it today.

And I've never been an advocate of shooting animals just because they piss you off on some level. (No hunting for food/sport is not the same thing provided you eat what you kill.) The animal I want to shoot is a black female cat that is currently in heat. And Mustard has forgotten he's an enuch.

Mustard darted out last night and never did return. I finally found him and said black cat in courting ritual and left them to it. He'll come in whenever. I went to bed.

Wake up this morning. No Mustard. The temperature is in the 30s. I'm worried, so I get dressed and start hunting him with a flashlight. This is about 5:30 a.m. He comes out of hiding about 6 a.m., after I have started the car to warm it. I go to get him to put his ass back inside. Black cat shows up. Mustard tries to take my left thumb off. The only thing that probably saved me from having to get stitches is that I was wearing gloves. Still I've got a hunk missing out of the thumb--small in area but apparantly deep since the blood has leaked through the two band-aids I have on top of each other--and matching scratches down my forearm.

Course it also proves I shouldn't live alone. These minor wounds (though they hurt like a sonofabitch before the Tylenol kicked in) had me going dizzy with ringing ears, signs of blacking out. I had to go lay down on my bed, since I didn't want to hit the kitchen floor. Get back up and try to doctor myself then lay back down. I was okay after the second lay down. Still it's not like Mustard severed an artry and I lost copious amounts of blood.

It was 6:30 a.m. befoe I left home for work and I had to stop and buy gas and get some cash out, so I got here about 15 minutes late. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to get Mustard in tonight when I get home. I can't shoot the black cat, no gun. But on the bright side at least they are keeping to the woods in the back of my property and not the road in front of my property. I can cross Mustard getting run over off my worry list for today.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: