Friday, September 16, 2005

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Well, I got the "we shipped your order" email from CDW today. Which means that the earlier email that I was basing my "when the modem will be here" expectations on was just an order confirmation and threw me off track.

Bought domain names and sever space to bring the Library back up. Looking over my backup CD, and looks like I have a few odds and ends mostly in the hotlinking folder that could be lost. Unless I did a smart thing and kept those items in the hotlinking folder on my harddrive. ... ... Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for that either. Now I'm just waiting for the server to send me an email giving me the instructions to change the info on my domain name before telling the world--or at least the small portion that cares--what the new domain name is.

Paid all my bills except for the credit card. That payment depends on the home improvements shopping that must be done this weekend.

Still no email from server people. Still no modem. Still no shopping.

Did I mention I hate waiting?




In other news, Chad made some news. http://renstore.com/Katrina.asp He gets a mention, while the owners get pictures. Okay it's hard to see Alvon on the backhoe. And the piles of dirt were not left by Katrina, but the trees on top of the dirt were. If you've got issues giving to the Red Cross--and we've got horror stories about how they treat the donations other than cash--you can give to LRF Katrina Relief Fund and it will go to people who need it.

Thursday night class... *glassy-eyed stare* I have notes, they'll probably go up after I recover. When I recover?

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: