Friday, November 04, 2005

26 Things I Hate to do... er... my chore list

November 2 I started on the chore list on my ride home. I didn't think it was going to get that big, but everything that needs doing to make my house hospitable for company kept popping into my head. The scary? They're twenty-six big concepts like "Living Room." Do you realize how much that covers?

Found two new blogs: The Movie Watcher's Diary, reviews of movies available on DVD, and Revolver, a detective novel in progress.

Looks like I'm going to have to watch the DVD version of Episode III for the deleted extra scenes. How can you leave out the birth of the Rebellion? ARGH! Some people might get snarky with James Patterson hiring ghost writers or collaborators, but at least the man is honest with himself and his works. He says he's the idea man, and usually edits what is written by other people. The best stuff in the Star Wars universe was "Episode V--Empire Strikes Back" and the Timothy Zahn novels (all five of them). What do they have in common? Lucas relinquished control. "Radioland Murders" is a hysterical quirky little comedy with a lot of famous faces. Story by George Lucas and screenplay and directed by someone else. Get the idea? I keep concentrating on Obi-wan and Bail Organa because their stories at least make sense and don't make you want to bang your head against their motivations and cornball dialouge.

But Padme, oh how the mighty have fallen. Maybe I could have bought the whole dying of a broken heart if the love scenes had been well, love scenes (a problem stemming from Episode II). But I think it would have been much stronger for this woman who at 14 was ruling a planet, then became one of the youngest Senators elected, apparantly had some say so with the birth of the Rebellion (that was left out of the theatrical release), to go out with a bigger bang. Agree to separate her children because Anakin would be after her and would give the Empreror potential students to the Dark Side. Or heck, have the Emperor kill her just to cement the story he tells Darth Vader. But for a woman so strong to go out like a pansy, yuck. Luke and Leia must have ended up with their grandmother's spine. Or maybe for Leia's Bail Organa's spine. Cause Anakin sure didn't have much of one either. :p

Well, I didn't intend for this post to become a Star Wars rant. I also didn't pack any of my reward work for this Friday. I think it's buried on my desk at home. Going back to the chore list, I managed to cross off six items. The biggest one being my book cataloguing. Now all the nonfiction is in BookCAT and the spines have labels with the Dewey Decimel number and the books are shelved accordingly. I still have to put in the fiction but I'm holding off until the rest of the house is done.

So I'm back on working on background stuff for Zy's novel since that is all I have with me.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: