Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Well, my good news that didn't even last 24 hours

What I didn't want to spoil last night with the iffy ground blogging can be at times, especially when it comes to work.

I had a job interview today. I went to job interview today. I was really thrilled because getting the interview meant I had a chance of actually getting this job at Southeastern in Hammond with a 30-minute commute (at the most).

The ladies were really nice and apologetic. The governor had just declared a hiring freeze for state civil service jobs that morning. They called my current job to try to stop me from coming, but I had decided to kill two birds and had scheduled a doctor's appointment today too. I never went in.

I interviewed, stressed how I was willing to come in again once the hiring freeze was over. I haven't cried yet, but I didn't spend the amount of time I thought I would be on housework. It took 2 hours to get the DSL modem up and running.

I'll probably be on for a while in between housework. I still have a site to upload after all.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh dammit :/

Hope you get the job after they unfreeze the hiring (though how the hell that's supposed to help I'm not sure, but then again I'm not there).

KLCtheBookWorm said...

It's supposed to save the state money. At least that's what she said in the news report.