Tuesday, September 20, 2005

MODEM!

Okay, Mustard dropped the keyboard onto the floor and now it's acting funny. Course, it could be due to the automatic downloads.

Anyways, Chad set up the back-up dial-up part of my DSL package over the weekend while we were waiting for the DSL modem to arrive. Remember I had said either Monday or Tuesday should be the delivery date.

Monday was hell. I hadn't slept good at Chad's mother's house, was at work ungodly early in the morning, got to class late of course, and found out at 7:30pm the place I wanted to eat closed at 7pm. I got on the Interstate to go home. I couldn't get off at my exit and state troopers were everywhere. Okay back track to Hammond and take the backroads home. I ended up having to go two exits east just to get off the Interstate.

8:30pm by the time I got home. Been up officially since 4:30am (unofficially since about 2am), get into my house through the back door and see answering machine. Message cheered me up--more on that in a later post--and I called Chad to let him know I was home. Did the modem arrive? Checked front porch and no boxes. Go to bed.

Tuesday morning, dragging around trying to get ready for work. Remember I left bag of clothes in my car. Go out to get them and see the big CDW box right beside my back door steps. I was so exhausted and hadn't even registered last night. Laugh at myself and go to work.

Taking Wednesday off to handle business and doctors and house cleaning and writing. Hopefully not all at once. I start setting up the modem. It's a nice one built-in router, firewall, and wireless networking. But there are still cords to deal with. Last cord in the box is the phone cord. It's too short to reach the only phone jack in my house. I'm still on the dial-up typing this.

See told you it was a funny story. Gets better. Need new shoes for tomorrow. Only open shoe store in Hammond is right next to Office Depot. Had I not been a good girl and gotten dressed and went to work without playing with the new hardware, I could have bought a longer phone cord to go with my new black pumps!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: