Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Writer's Fit

Or maybe I should call it Writer's Tantrum. Whatever to call it, it's that overwhelming urge to shove everything off your desk and start from scratch with something new. I've been feeling it bad the last two days, but have restrained myself. Mostly because I can't find any unfinished stories on my desk (it's filled with book piles right this second) and because I come home too exhausted to throw anything no matter how much it would refresh the child within. It's also stemming from frustration and I figure the frustration actually has a different source, I just haven't found it yet. Though I think the frustration mostly boils down to not wanting to be in Baton Rouge when there is so much ___________ (fill-in-the-blank) to do at home. Maybe it should be Writer's Pique.

Other news, the Webcomics Hurricane Relief Telethon is on day 2 and going strong at $21,880. Drop in and give and read through the comics. A new comic is added every 20 minutes. And it was originally going to be one day (yesterday), but the comics given to participate extended it till Sept. 15. David Willis's (It's Walky) entry is a hoot. Jamie Robertson's (Clan of Cats) 2cd entry is poignant.

Eye of the Storm is reporting from Mississippi, which got the direct hit from the eye of Katrina. That's right folks, New Orleans got a glancing blow that could have been even worse. He's taking pictures of landmarks I know. One of the first family vacations I can remember was down to Ships Island.

So in my quest to remain thankful for what I have--I am thankful that I still have bills to pay because it means I have the things to pay bills on. Now off to actually pay them. :p

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: