Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Iron Experiment Day 21

Week 17 = 186.5
Week 16 = 187.2
Week 15 = 188.6
Week 14 = 188.8
Week 13 = 189
Week 12 = 187.6
Week 11 = 187.8
Week 10 = 189.6
Week 9 = 188.9
Week 8 = 193.4
Week 7 = 194.5
Week 6 = 194.5
Week 5 = 195.5
Week 2 = 199
Week 1 = 205

New experiment: I'm going to sleep in my workout clothes for the next workout. This morning as a typical morning: Wake up at 3:30 to Coast to Coast AM. Lay in bed listening to the callers talk about being abducted by aliens or ghosts they have met or whatever the topic of the show is. (I really think there is humorous story potential in the guy hitting the greys with his gun because it wouldn't go off and they were trying to get inside his truck until a telepathic command said "Put him back," but also recognize that it was probably scary shit for him.)

Then the local news gives the 4am update, and I jump out of bed with a hearty "CRAP!" Get dressed in workout clothes. Make bed. Assemble gym in living room. Do a short workout. Start doing chores--especially the ones that Mustard depends on because Wednesdays is clean litter box and fountain day. All while the Wall Street Journal-less Report/Show/Whatever is playing.

5am is another news update followed by the local host focusing on local issues. Time to get out of workout clothes and get dressed for work. Then if there is any spare time after making sure everything is ready to walk out the door, finish up the rest of the chores. Must leave the house between 5:45am and 6:15am, and 6:15am is really pushing the limit of getting to work on time.

In fact, I meant to turn on an audiobook downloaded to the computer while I was getting dressed and completely forgot about it. I tried to play it at work and the work computer is having issues with Audible.com. You need a codex but we aren't going to tell you which one. Thanks a lot, technology.

But I did get one set of reps done of everything. I did tweak the exercises again. I decided the deadlift was too close to the squat for me to be doing both of them. I'll save it for after this twelve week period when I need to trade out exercises. The second Swissball I bought came with a wall chart of how to place your body on the ball for this exercise. Turns out I was doing the sit-ups wrong. :p (I bought a second one because I kept forgetting to bring it back to the office to sit on while at the desk. Now one stays there and the other stays with the sports equipment.)

One of my coworkers pointed out that sleeping in the workout clothes will probably only shave off 3 minutes max. I'm hoping if I'm waking up in a sports bra, it will jog my memory banks that I should have metal in my hands and moving it while I listen to alien abduction stories. (And he was sleeping in his truck because he had painted his trailer and it still smelt like paint... he's a good ole redneck; that's why I feel the potential here.) But maybe the real time saver will be setting up the gym so I don't have to set it up every workout.

Because I use my living room, I have to stow the gear. Otherwise, I'll trip and kill myself on the barbell. So we're back to the inside/outside argument again. Outside still has the same pros and cons, only now Mustard isn't on this list. We're trying a he-goes-out-in-the-morning-before-I-leave-for-work experiment.

And inside, what if I moved it to the back bedroom? The biggest con besides having to shove everything stored in there around is two-fold. What if I forget about working out because out-of-sight, out-of-mind? And I always stack the shit that goes in there but I don't want to find a place for it right in the middle of the room. Even though it is probably the only room I can safely leave weights out in.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: