Thursday, October 04, 2007

Much less cranky today

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad to get out of class early. But I missed thirty minutes of it and I bust my ass to get there as soon as possible, to only get an hour. Which leaves me feeling like "why did I have to show up?"

I think the answer would be to turn in the assignment.

The bedtime alarm clock worked--set for 8:30pm--and I was in bed for 9pm. I don't know how well it will work tonight. I may reach home and find that Mustard has killed the clock to stop the noise.

Firefox's hangups that have been driving me crazy finally have an explanation: I rarely shut the program down and I don't remember the last time I cleaned out its caches. Not doing those things throws virtual memory and RAM into a slowdown loop that makes me growl and try to strangle the computer when I can't read the part under the scroll and I'm scrolling to get to it. I need to reorganize the bookmarks and install Session Manager add-on, so I can save the tabs when I haven't read them all yet (the reason why I leave the program up and running).

Also pondering if I want to put the Google Desktop on my Desktop. I really want a way to get to Gmail easily without having to worry about a script hangup, which has sometimes ended up with me killing Firefox just to do something on the computer. Course it would be more helpful if the error message would tell me what script has the problem.

Today's plans: Elizabeth I's paper, worldbuilding, yoga class, and listen to the audio books when I get a chance.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: