Saturday, May 29, 2004

It's productive goofing off

So I should be tossing papers out and getting rid of the stacks of junk in the kitchen. I am so not up to doing that. Nor am I up to actually balancing my checkbook and see how little of my money I have left.

So I'm playing around with a spread sheet I designed for keeping track of projects. I used to have a better memory for where I had exactly left a story, what needed to be done to it next, etc. Now I find I leave the folder out and I'm clueless to why it's out. Or get sidetracked and can't remember where in the editing process I was. Hence the spread sheet. Also it's a faily good measurement of how productive I have (or haven't) been. I feel a lot better about 2003 when I see the only think finished was the crossover. And that was 126,105 words long. It's all about perspective.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: