Sunday, May 23, 2004

Feng Shui

People don't believe in it environment affecting your life. I'm not one of them. It's not a magical cure for everything, but magic works symbolically. Everything is connected, interwoven in the great scheme of life.

Enough poetics. For a while now I've felt that aspects of my life are spiraling out of control. Finances especially, followed by my pro-writing. If it's not a time schedule issue, what is wrong? So after I took Chad home, I gave my house a hard look on paper with Feng Shui Step-by-Step to consult. It's the first Feng Shui book I got, and good for beginners without confusing everything.

Observations:
1). Both porches are blocked with everyone else's junk. I can't get in through the front door because of all the garage sale stuff from the rest of the family. That overflow hit the back porch, and I can barely get out through there. Chi cannot travel into the house and so what chi is in the house is growing stagnant. Stagnant anything is never good. Stagnant water, stagnant oders, stagnant chi, you get the idea.

2). Overall, my worse cluttered rooms are:
a). office in the north, which is ruled by water. Blocked or stagnant chi here (either caused or represented by clutter or badly positioned furniture) hinders smooth flow of professional and financial affairs. (I just got a $273 electric bill, I think finances are in trouble.) Health problems that I have noticed or worried about: sexual debility, tooth decay, nervousness, depression, and lethargy.
b). kitchen in the northwest, which is ruled by metal. Blocked or stagnant chi here causes interruptions to the rhythm of professional affairs. Health problems that I have noticed or worried about: skin problems, degenation of spinal vertebrea, emotional blockages, and melancholy.
c). back bedroom, which is ruled by earth. Blocked or stagnant chi here undermines growth of professional affairs. Health problems that I have noticed or worried about: obseity, insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, insecurity, craving for attention, and loneliness.

3). Using the eight point system you can pinpoint areas in your life that are troubled and take steps to influence them. When the eight points are applied to the whole house, Marriage, Reputation, Money, and Children are the points most cluttered. When the eight points are applied to each room separately, and I tallied how many times the same one was cluttered in different rooms, Career, Friends, Family, Money, Reputation, and Marriage are equally cluttered.

While I can't do anything about the porch situations until other people take action, (No, it's not worth the fight that will last until I die if I hauled it to Goodwill now for them.) I can take steps inside the house. I must take steps inside the house. It's impossible to concentrate when I get this overwhelming sense of having to fix everything in here at once.

I have cleaned my bedroom, but will have to admit that room had the least amount of problems. I need to do some decorating changes, but that has to wait for the money. :p Feel the vicious cycle yet?

Okay enough of a break. Time to get back to cleaning.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: