Monday, May 24, 2004

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1 Question 15

Quote of the Day: A woman is like a teabag--you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. -- Nancy Reagan

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1

15). What are your complexes, inhibitions, and superstitions, past and present?


What exactly qualifies? I'm not stalling for time; I just think a lot of things have been lumped together that maybe don't go together.

Superstitions, for some putting food outside on Halloween is a superstition, for me it's a religious practice. I'll admit there is no good reason for tossing spilt salt over your shoulder, except for respecting traditions far older than me.

Inhibitions - an inner impediment to free activity, expression, or functioning: as a : a psychic activity imposing restraint upon another activity. Yes, I did go look that up. Just want to be on the same page. Apparantly I have a sexual one that I haven't discovered the root cause of yet. I opt for the path of least resistance with family turmoil. I hate being labeled the difficult one, the uncooperative one, the one causing all the problems, when I'm supposed to be the dependable one. That may fall under complexes. I freeze up everytime I have to write a cover letter, or any other letter praising me. It's wrong to brag because nothing you have is worth bragging about.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: