Monday, May 10, 2004

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1 Question 8

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1

8). Which relationships in your life have involved conflict (in your family, in your romantic life, in your friendships, in your work life)?


All of the above to different degrees of conflict. Chad and I haven't had a real spat yet, just me wailing about money and him agreeing with me.

Family: Mom and I butt heads, not as much as during the teenage years, but she never listens and I'm too high-strung about stuff. No, I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect to have my porch back by the time Krista hits 30. (She's 20 now.) Kai has the middle-kid syndrome, always neglected yet has had more money poured into her various things than me and Krista combined. I tell people that when I was 4 I asked for a horse and a baby sister. My parents got me the sister. The horse would've been cheaper. She's not as bad as she used to be toward me, but her and Krista, whew!

Friendships: see last weekend.

Work: They all think I'm crazy. I think they're all crazy, so it's a pretty fair deal. Chad says I'm not crazy other than working for the state, which breeds a certain kind of insanity but nothing dangerous. We've managed not to kill anyone in our office and mostly get along. Considering that we see each other more than we see our familes, that's probably a good thing.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: