Sunday, May 23, 2004

Electricity and Throwing out

Time for another break. I've gotten through three rooms so far, well 4 if you count the hall between the front and back bedrooms.

The problem with the clutter isn't so much stuff I'm keeping long past due, it's having no place to keep the stuff I need to keep. Books that don't get reshelved right away end up becoming stacks. Material that will use just about all of it by the time Faire starts has to be stored until I can work on it. And just when I think I have one area organized, I have to shove everything else into it because company is coming over. (The back bedroom gets used for this a lot.) The closets in the back bedroom weren't really the problem I thought they were. The main thing is a lot of little things that need to go into the boxes in them. Like the Christmas decorations I got from co-workers need to go in the Christmas box, etc.

Kitchen and office are a different story. That mess is stuff I need to throw out, once I have it scanned into the computer. Never enough time to do that. And I really DON'T want to spend the next weekend which is a three-day chained to my computer. Even though I know it's more beneficial to me in the long run. Damn, damn, damn. I hear the beach calling my name. Unfortunately it will call everybody else too. Maybe a karma deal I'll work Saturday and Sunday if I have Monday off? The rest of the kitchen mess, okay I hate being domestic. I haven't cleaned the fridge out in probably over six months, the floor needs moping, pantry and cabinets organizing.

The living room I need to buy more shelving to put in the entertainment unit. But that's clutter that needs money to organize. *Sigh*

The electricty: I'm on levelized billing which means I have an accuring account balance that gets bigger in summer paid off in winter but the monthly bill remains near the same amount. Well, apparantly there's been a screw up with this month's bill and they want the whole account balance in June. Yes, I'm talking with them on Monday.

The porches: I can't sell anything because that's WHY the stuff is on my porches! They've had two so far, but want to clean out their houses some more and have another one. I can't fight with my mother not when my house has the best location, I want them to dejunck their house, and she can't do everything herself (and my father and sister are not going to help). Though I think I'd be less huffy about it if my chi wasn't entirely blocked off AND stuff hadn't been sitting on my porch since last June!

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: