Friday, May 14, 2004

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1 Question 9

Quote of the Day: As a woman I can't go to war, and I refuse to send anyone else. -- Jeanette Rankin, the sole member of Congress to vote against the U.S. entry into World War II.

Crossroads: An Author Self-Interrogation Chapter 1

9). Who have you loved intensely?


Intensely, meaning the same as passionately? I love Chad deeply, a steady bedrock that doesn't shift. A good thing, given how everything else tends to shift around us. Not the same as the crushes I have had. Thoase have been the adrenline rushes and panic attacks and too shy and awkward and ugly to do anything about it. The one time I screwed up my courage and made the first move on a guy, kissing him on a moonlit walk around the campus, he didn't love me back. And showed his true colors about a year later. I'd rather hold onto Chad, trusting that bedrock, and let the passion develop in the moment.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: