Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Emotional crisis & Exhaustion

Yeap, it's back. Me blathering to the whole damn world, about the things rolling around inside my head.

Though I think I've stumbled on a trend with the emotional crisisi/crisises? Aw heck, what is the plural form of crisis?

The funks hit harder with the less sleep I've had.

Okay, hardly ground shattering, and I'm sure they've already done scientific research into it. I know it's not sleep deprivation psychosis (I love knowing the technical terms for things :D), like I had last summer. More like the sleep bank in my brain is making more withdrawals than deposits and running low on funds.

Example: yesterday I felt awful. I didn't want to be at work and everytime I thought about everything I had to do for Faire, I got more depressed, frustrated, and angry. And I wasn't even discussing it with anyone, just thinking and researching. I decided around lunch time to crawl into bed as soon as I got home, and if I still felt like crap go to the doctor today.

I was nearly asleep before 8pm, before somebody knocked on the back door and left my mail on the doorstep. Why can't they use the phone like NORMAL people? If all the fricking lights are off, I don't want to be bothered. I cooked some grits, ate and went back to bed. Mustard decided he needed more food and I need to feed him before 4am. That cat is going to find himself flung against the wall one of these mornings.

So I didn't get up exactly on time because of fighting with my cat. But I feel better. I feel a lot more confident about the plan of action I decided on yesterday for Faire, and just generally more upbeat. So it must be the sleep.

So I started on some calculations. Well I started them to have a really good argument as to what the hell is wrong with those three adults that they can't get laundry done in the 12 hours Monday - Friday that I am gone.
I leave for work 6:30 am.
I get home from work at 6:30 - 7pm depending on different facts.
That's 12 hours. I usually don't crawl into bed until 10 - 10:30pm. That's nearly 4 more hours. 12 + 4 = 20 Out of a 24-hour day, that leaves 4 hours for sleeping. Well really 3, since the alarm is set for 5am.

Maybe it is sleep deprivation psychosis.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: