Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Communication Skills

For a writer, I must have lousey communication skills. I tell people "I don't hate Carbine" and their repsonse is "Yeah, right, look at your stories." I tell people "You can't judge how a person feels by an artform that is calculated to envoke certain feelings in the reader. That kind of logic leads to locking Stephen King up as a mass murderer because that's all he writes about." And their response is "You are in such denial. Look at your stories. Of course you hate Carbine."

I asked my Carbine bashing question back in January 2003, so I must have been concerned before then. The "Who Does Charley Get" thread started in June 2003.

So for well over a year, I've been called a liar behind my back or to my face. I can see the eyerolling from here. Oh but Red calling me a liar was just a misunderstanding because I'm in denial and look at my stories for the proof. I'm surprised I haven't "over-reacted" before now.

Okay fine, so I'll stick with Plan A to prove y'all wrong.

Then the bitch hits me on a public forum. Since everything I say is always considered wrong by this bitch and I don't want to cause a bigger scene by hitting back, I email the moderators to intervene. I rant to my journal about the hitting issue and other issues I have with her--I'm not denying they are there but I can ignore the jackass over those.

And then I'm told I'm over-reacting about the Carbine issue again. THE BITCH FUCKING HIT ME! And that's what I explained was upsetting me.

Course now it's going to be "we're not calling you a liar." But saying you don't believe me or what I say is calling me a liar. The only thing that comes close to lies from me is writing fiction, and that's only because it's made up actions to explain and entertain on the truth of the human condition.

Now it's going to be over-reacting on being called a liar. I guess I'm supposed to put on a happy face when my friends call me names. But if their response is "we're not calling you a liar" then it must be a lack of communication somewhere. So that's how I came to the conclusion that I'm a writer with lousey communication skills.

*Sigh* So this non-communicating writer is going to rant on ageism if I can ever find the reference material and send it to Useless Knowledge. I hope it's not a permenant disability.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: