Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Iron Experiment Intro

Since I stick to things better when I admit to them, blog entries. I'm resisting the urge to create a new blog I won't update, so it's just a category in Blank for now. Why Iron Experiment? Because I'm going to use free weights for the first time. Pumping iron, get it?

Today is go to gym and figure out max reps I can do on the weight lifting exercises, and go to yoga class if it's still scheduled. It's been forever since I was able to go.

Next workout day is Thursday--as long as the gym is open. It's not a complete given; the library is open but not when I can use it. If they do keep decent hours, I need to get my class schedule and plan my weekly workout schedule, so I will be used to it when classes start.

If they don't have decent hours, I guess I will be setting up the home gym earlier than anticipated. Good thing I just printed out the article on weightless weight training.

Goals: Boy, do I have some. Overall, it's a commitment to healthy living and that includes exercising. But that doesn't mean I don't have any expectations to measure against.

Current height is 62.25 inches/158.1 cm.
Current weight is 194.5 pounds/88.4 kg.
Current Body Mass Index is 35.3 kg/m2.

According to Better Ideal Weight Body Calculators, I should be:
between 105 - 138 pounds/47 - 62 kg
with a BMI between 19 and 25.

I want to be a size four again. I want to be Angeline Jolie playing Lara Croft only my boobs will be real. I want to have a flat-ish stomach for the first time in my life, even if you can't see a six-pack on it. I'd love to be 120 pounds and have a BMI of 20.

I'd be happy losing a pound a week and 5 cm in the measuring spots. And I don't care how long it takes.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: