Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's nice to be right

I followed the JonBenet Ramsey case (who didn't?), heck I even bought newspaper back when they had the grand jury looking into it. I followed the evidence. I try not to give into the sick fascination that seems to grip society at times, but this is allowable. After all, I want to write mysteries, I enjoy reading about true crime, and this case will probably go into history much like the Baby Lindbergh kidnapping--unsolvable and hotly debated for the end of time.

But I never thought the parents were guilty. And was sad and relieved when a judge finally said "enough, an intruder killing the child is the most likely conclusion from the evidence." Sad because the public didn't care about the evidence. They were guilty.

"But they hired a lawyer, they weren't grieving because they jumped on TV the second they could, forcing that baby to do the kiddy pagents, etc."

Bullshit.

After how they got treated I think I'm going to hire a lawyer too if I'm innocent but the cops come asking questions.

They wanted to find the killer of their child and everybody grieves differently.

And regardless of what you may personally think or feel about child pagents, they happen. Patsy had been a beauty queen. She was dying from cancer. JonBenet wanted to be a beauty queen too. Patsy wanted to share that with her daughter. And if you don't think a 4 to 6 year old can make up their minds about something like that, you haven't been around very many 4 to 6-year-olds. Patsy said if it hadn't been for the cancer, they probably would have waited until JonBenet was a teenager.

Oh but Patsy was Satan incarnate that killed her baby according to the tabloids. We obviously can't believe anything she says.

Well, it's nice to be right.

In more personal news, I finished my edits for "Let Us Give Thanks." I should have them all inputed in tonight, since the gym is closed for staff training, and emailed off by tomorrow. After having read over it in total, it holds together better than I thought it would. But it's still not a mystery.

Chad and I agreed to separate the activities of the Resource Guide into a Workbook and now have an outline for that. So I have plenty to work on until October as well as editing the rest of the Resource Guide.

I'm also reading "The Zen of Creativity: Cultivating Your Artistic Life" by John Daido Loori. While not considering becoming a Buddhist, I do believe it has some options to help me. Especially when I get that freefall despair over my writing career.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: