Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm glad I'm not the only one with schedule issues

NOTICE: The Surgeon General has declared that creating schedules can be detrimental to your health and sanity, and that schedule dependence has been linked with weight gain, weight loss, hirsutism, hair loss, nervousness, nausea, vomiting, auditory hallucinations, angina, GERD, hypertension, hypotension, insanity, and death. Pregnant women, women who might become pregnant, persons with preexisting liver or kidney or heart conditions, and people with eyelids should avoid scheduling. If you experience side effects from scheduling, stop immediately and consult your doctor.

DISCLAIMER #1: This schedule is subject to Life, which happens while one is making other plans.

DISCLAIMER #2: (Marine Adage) No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.

DISCLAIMER #3: (Yiddish Adage) Men plan, God laughs.

DISCLAIMER #4: (Nursing Instructor Adage) CYA

from Holly Lisle's blog: Pocket Full of Words


It's a small comfort.

So I'm in need of validation. To be upfront and honest, I like having a place to vent and a place where people can catch up with me and what I'm doing, but I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to myself. Which I'm perfectly happy doing, but I miss the comments that would spark a dialogue. So what is it, am I not coming up with fascinating topics? Too narcassitic? You've all switched the MySpace and I should stop resisting? (NO, NOT ANOTHER THING TO UPDATE ON THE WEB!)

Time to pout about something else. Resource Guide is due in October. Plans are currently on track with the writing, but I want at least another pair of eyes to go over it before finalizing and handing out to a bunch of teachers. (Mez, you may be my only hope on this score.) Chad is a good editor--when you stand over him with a baseball bat to make him actually read the document he's paying to have written. He blames that on ADD. Little hard for me to do the baseball bat thing with him in Lafayette. So in fitting with the "take as much work off of Chad who will try to do everything" theme for this year's management, I asked for an editor. No, we can't confuse people by looking for an editor at Cast Call this Sunday, which means I don't get to hire an editor until September leaving them less than a month to proof a 104-page document (at least that's what last year's was).

But I'm just being sleepy and cranky when I accuse him of wanting my project to fail when he calls after I've gone to bed last night and ignoring the email all afternoon. Okay, so he did have a doctor's appointment. *Sigh* I think I'm going to email Wade for a second opinion, since my boyfriend seems to be suffering from "my girlfriend must be in irrational PMS-Liberal Arts mode so her ideas have no merit" train of thought.

I also better get started on what I want to say to those teachers. Since he will throw me up in front of them with no preperation.

Hope this didn't bore anyone too badly.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely reading, but it's via feed so I have to click to make a comment...sorry :) I am here!

M :)

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Feeds do tend to screw with the commenting features.

Emotionally, today could have went a whole lot better. And I'm still getting gyped on the damn visitation rights issue.