Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Getting Into a Routine

I haven't measured yet but since I have to do my monthly totals in two days, I figured it could wait. Plus I crawled into bed at 8:30pm last night.

History of the Book is the Monday night class. Examining the forms, how reading changes the brain, moving over to digital, how is it all put together. I had pity and told the professor I'm interested in hypertext fiction constructs, since nearly every other person in the class wanted graphic novels and comics. Still the projects look interesting.

However traffic has not gotten better in a year. And it won't get better if cops pull stupid stunts like parking a cruiser on the shoulder of the Interstate with lights on so the rubberneckers slow down to 10 mph to see what's going on. I'm waiting to see how Thursday's commute goes, but I'm seriously considering changing my working hours. Have no idea how well that will go over.

Submitting to the 3rd Irregular Crapometer! I'm thinking Zy's Novel. It has been neglected and to be fair agents deal in novels. Plus I think it has a stronger opening than any of the short stories I'm working on currently. (I'm really very sorry, Zy's Novel. I know it's totally my fault that your deadline is on a course to crash and burn as we speak.) I'll get stuff I have done up at Writerly soon. The problem is Writerly doesn't like the format those files are in right now.

Second problem: I need a title STAT! Something catchy, something that fits, something funny.

The Saucer Case Files: Exploding Head - no
The Price of Darkness - maybe but it could be confused with "Prince"
The Sacrifice of Revenge - maybe could use "cost" or "expense"
The Saucer Case Files: Retaliation - maybe

Funny just doesn't seem to be happening. Give me a vote or suggest one of your own.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make it like a sensational newspaper headline.

"Exploding heads mystery deepens!"

I don't know. I hate titles too. Let me think.

M ;)