Friday, September 14, 2007

Good schedule changes

Yesterday I discovered that if I didn't stop for gasoline and went straight to campus, I have nearly a whole hour to eat supper on campus before going to the gym for yoga class at 6:30pm. I had to go get gas afterwards and didn't get home until 9pm and I have no idea if my car is going to stick to a Tuesday/Thursday fill-up schedule, but a whole hour to myself. SQUEE!

I also discovered if I spend that hour writing long-hand, a muscle or tendon or something in my right hand hurts terribly (like huge ass needle being jammed diagonally through my hand) when I put any weight on it in yoga class. So I learned a new variation of downward dog in a hurry. Which means I should type instead. Which means stopping by Office Depot this weekend and seeing if the laptop can take a new battery that will hold a charge longer than five seconds so I don't have to waste precious time searching for an outlet.

So shopping this pay period is very household items instead of a lot of groceries. I'm going to scale back on the amount of cooking I'm doing while the semester is in session. I'm not eating supper at home and there's very little room in the freezer. So groceries will probably be just the veggies (which I'm stockpiled on right now) and ingredients for the quiches and souffles for breakfast (since both store and transport well).

I plan on stopping at Whole Foods and Wal-Mart going home. Whole Foods because I want some specialty stuff I just haven't found anywhere else and Wal-Mart for the other stuff on the list. And it's Doctor Who night, so theoretically that's incentive to get out of the stores in a hurry. Stay in there too long and I spend too much money. :p

More thoughts related to the scheduling changes, but I think they may fit better over at DUF.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: