Friday, August 10, 2007

Iron Experiment Day 4

Divided the sets up and only did two sets before switching to another exercise. Not only was I able to complete all 4 sets without the thighs of rubber reappearing, I also did 60 crunches on the ab ball.

SIXTY CRUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never, never, never, never, even when I weighed 120 pounds and they forced us to try to reach thirty in gym class in high school, NEVER been able to do 60 crunches.

I must be doing something right.

On a food note, squash casserole will okay (I had to substitute an ingredient that may have something to do with it), it does not keep well. I still have two cups left to eat and I don't want them.

So I've been kind of thinking on the Daily Apple blog's advice in the back of my head. I need more veggies, but I also need to be able to pack lunch to work. Still contemplating this as a solution: protein and veggies for breakfast, probably eggs; protein, veggies, and a little carb on the side for lunch, like Moroccan Chicken with 1/3 cups of Parmesan couscous with 2 or 3 cups of veggies; and totally veggies at supper, unless muscle-building slows down or I start getting hungry then I need to add protein.

I'm still considering it. Finding some breakfast recipes would help because I'm lost with the veggies at breakfast idea if it's not leftovers.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl :)

Veggies for breakfast, hmm. All I can think of is potato cakes, and they really aren't diet food.

Have you tried berries and yoghurt for breakky?

KLCtheBookWorm said...

No, potatoes are a starch and I should steer clear of them right now. Not really crazy about yogurt unless it is textured like ice cream. Now that I missed Doctor Who for Flash Gordon (though I like the update), I can start looking for recipes.