Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Cutting down carbs again

The lipid-phobe’s guide to dietary fat: 11 ways fat can help you (and 4 ways it can’t hurt you)

Point made, as I finish off three homemade tacos for lunch (with lots of lettuce, a first for me), my carb to fat ratio is probably way off. I haven't done specifics on it since I've been cooking and worrying about portion sizes, but I've probably been letting myself have a little bit too much of the healthy whole-grains carbs.

*Sigh* I cook with olive oil and butter. I haven't been snacking on nuts. I have been snacking on a feta cheese and spinach dip I found but with whole grain melba toast for the crunchy. *Sigh* It's tempting to go back on Atkin's, because I'm tired of having to do all this figuring and juggling. But at the same time, I need to clean out/eat up the stuff bought in the pantry. Money is tight until payday, and will probably be tight after then, but that's another post. The point is I have to use what I got.

Other food posts:
Barbecue Lamb
When Do Foods Really Go Bad
What Does 4000 calories look like?
The 7 Rules of Summer, not food but important tips nonetheless.
Why Atkins Diet Works
Low-Carb is not License to Live on Bacon
Grubs, Part 2
Recommended: Sugar Shock
Ten Awesome Carbs
The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you’ll understand it)
How to Dog Whisper Your Food Cravings

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cutting butter out of your life is the best thing you can do. Olive oil is 100% better - if you get the good stuff.