Thursday, October 12, 2006

Today is Going to be way too short

Been resisting the Moviegoer for a day. It's not that the book is bad--Walker Percy is too good a writer for that. I guess I just have an annoyance with characters who coast along having profound thoughts and not doing anything to put those profound thoughts into action. And it doesn't help matters that I think the protagonist is nuttier than my oatmeal now. I don't mind a crazy r unreliable narrator, but not a whole novel's worth. I'm working my way through it.

Writing not going so hot. I think I'm finally getting a clue as to why some writers set up a work computer and then an internet computer. Checking in on the 'Net all day doesn't get any writing done. Bad me, no biscuit.

Not sure if it's related to the fear issue. It's something I enjoy doing but has no real pressure, and it's a useful tool for procrastination. So it falls under a Fear 1: Better not to try than fail. So how to combat it today? Today I must write a complete handwritten page.

Later: I did get the page completed, yeah. Didn't finish the Moviegoer, but there were other people in the class that didn't like it either. I also didn't finish the midterm, but the professor has given us till Sunday. I'm going to finish tomorrow.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: