Friday, September 24, 2004

So I'm A Fan

There are four web comic writers who constantly surprise me with logical plot twists I don't see coming and the horrible things they do to their characters. The people I aspire to be: Maritza Campos (College Roomies From Hell!!!), T Campbell (Fans!, Rip & Teri), Graveyard Greg (Gaming Guardians, The Guardians, Powergamers), and David Willis (It's Walky!).

I recently found out that David Willis and his friends back in their fifth grade created the cast of characters he reused in It's Walky! They ever created a series of computer games. Way before Willis started Roomies in 1997.

I still have my stuff from the fifth grade--the same time period I started writing in. I couldn't create a seven-year-running comic strip off of it; it's not that good even with tweaking. On the other hand, that was also the time period in which I brainstormed Allie and Zack and Lissa. So it's just my original stuff that's garbage.

*Bonks head on desk*

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: