Friday, September 03, 2004

Open letter to Arz

1). Just because you spend ten years on something doesn't mean it's
finished yet.

2). Maybe the grammar errors had been corrected between the time I critiqued and you looked at the site. (Capitilization errors do count as grammar errors. So do punctuation mistakes.) Look at the dates of the posts--oh well, nobody does that. Violently lashing out at somebody who made a post trying to help and in a polite tone and then calling them names because they are "attacking your friend" by pointing out what they saw is flaming behavior. Why not say "I didn't see what you saw" and leave it at that? No, that doesn't give an opportunity for a thousand evil smiling emoticons.

3). Why the hell should I waste my time translating stuff from a language I don't know when you don't even take my advice about the one I do? Maybe knowing two languages makes you feel all superior. I'm glad you've spent ten years of your life studying English, but I've spent twenty-seven. Plus sixteen years of active fiction
writing, a B.A. in English, and a small personal library of resources that I use
for the writing tutorials. I have a book buying page, so it's not like I'm making them up. When you're ready to make your stories conform to the English standards, then we can talk.

That takes care of what points I saw in your latest tantrums. Let's be realistic.
You're in a snit still because you've put so much hard work into your stories
and I didn't fall down and worship them. In fact, I had the gall to tell you how
to make them better for an English audience. 'Cause if you're not intending the
story for an English audience, why bother translating it?

Given that happened back in March, it's really time to get over it. I looked back at the posts. I didn't forget "Praise Crit Praise," I was avoiding the praise because the story left me cold. I had no empathy for the characters. The writing style had no polish. And the long disclaimer made me want to throw it away. However, I'm not cruel. It was the first story you had put up, so I focused on what I figured would be simple changes and give the story a biy more punch, omfph, something.

Your response was to say I'm a bad reader. Sorry sweetheart, its what's called a buyer's market. Don't please the readers and the don't come back.

To make the changes or to not make the changes is always your call, but being rude is just annoying. And ever since then, you've been on a crusade to prove yourself superior. I guess it makes you feel better to see me get all indignant because I know what I'm saying is right and I have book sources to back up my statements--instead of relying on the obvious superior method of peering into people's souls via their posts.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this time I'm not biting. Your immaturity and lack of concern over the welfare of your stories comes out loud and clear. Your need to pick a fight through those you call friends does them a disservice as well. Pretty soon your fingers and your clone's fingers (if you are really two separate people. It is still possible you're sharing the same body via illness.) will have to go to another forum to spew hate. (I'm guessing from T's tirade she's discovered you two have the same
IP address.) I have shook my head over your foolishness the whole time while compossing this letter, because I have finally freed myself from trying to have a meaningful dialogue with you. Nothing but pity, because your English stories will never get anywhere with the attitude you have toward critiques.

Now apparantly you want to apologize and play nice. Maybe you're realized that when you write a post in anger all you get is anger back. End the cycle already. But my inner cynic says it's because you know you're fixing to get access denied.

Oh, and putting hundreds of emoticons into a post impresses nobody. Just use one when you need it.

Best wishes,

The BookWorm

Note to all that read this: This was wrote for my own peace of mind. Please don't use it in an actions taken against Arz and her behavior at Red Planet.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: