Wednesday, November 01, 2006

New Month, Same Plans

Yes, Virginia, there is no more trick-or-treating in Pumpkin Center. Or alternatively, I need to trim my trees because you can't see my porch light from the road. So now I need to roll willpower checks against the bowl of Reese cups that is in the fridge. Good thing I only bought one bag.

On a double goody note, I learned some new spacing tricks with Microsoft Word with headings and paragraph leading. So now I can make changes to the Educators' Guide that the class suggested. I'll give you that it's not a good layout program for the creation of books, but it's all I have right now. And actually it's surprising me what I'm able to do.

I'm stuck on Medieval Life, having corrected the other four sections' spacing and tweaking pictures. With all the added words for the Food and Cooking threw everything off. I've ended up with one paragraph divided into two columns on the last page and it wouldn't let me put the last picture in the right spot. So I think I'm going to have to start using the tricks I was going to put off so I can get the 45 pages into the rest of the book.

After Medieval Life, I need to finish Medieval Vocabulary (Middle English), make sure the lists--Bibliography and Illustrations--are up to date, tweak the remaining pages--cover, thank you, declarations--and shove it all together and create the table of contents. And then get the Activities Book put together. Luckily it's technically already started; it's just not separated out of last year's book. And I have some new activities I want to put in.

So writing so far hasn't changed, other than deadline clock ticking louder and louder. Homework hasn't changed either, but its deadline clock not as loud. All the same I better get cracking on it.

And all my number stuff is at home, where I'm trying to make the words on the page look pretty and I forget about putting them up. :p Maybe this weekend.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: