Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So you guys know what is going on

My mother's oldest brother Keith was admitted to North Oaks hospital Saturday. By Sunday he was diagnoised with terminal liver, stomach, and intestinal cancer. Monday morning, my mother's mother who lives with my parents had blood in her stools and needed to be admitted to the hospital. Not quite as unexpected, since we were talking about sending her in for CAT scans and observation.

What was unexpected in my mother's baby brother Scott was found unconscious by his girlfriend and airlifted to Baton Rouge. The trauma center and ER at Our Lady of the Lake found a mass in his brain. At this point they won't commit to a tumor or infection or a stroke, but "tumor" was the first word a nurse told my mother when she reached him and she went all too peices.

It was midnight before a bed opened in ICU to put Uncle Scott in. And I don't know what's going to happen today.

Read Free!
The BookWorm


Progress Bar from Writertopia

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: