Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Exhaustion

But it was worth it. Recapping is going to take a while; bare with me.

Friday: cleaned half the house, finished putting striped doublet together (minus hooks and eyes and decorative buttons), and surveyors don't show up. Finally get ahold of their office and they'll be out first thing Saturday morning. Mom had me help unload stuff at her new shop. Yes, shop. Mom is going into collectible-selling business. Finally get a hold of Chad because I'm supposed to spend the night with him, and I'm starting to get that hysterical panic because nothing is finished. And he insists on me getting online, which I hadn't been able to do all day. Saw he bought the tickets to the Kenny Wayne Sheppard concert, and finally got over to the Inn--forgetting half of what I was supposed to bring. And then Joe shows up, killing all my romantic plans for the rest of the evening.

Saturday: First workshop day at the Faire and everything went smoothly for my pirates. The surveyors finally came and they found something was off. Dad thought it happened when the land was divided after my great-grandmother died. Anyway, they have to fix that before driving my corners in, and I don't know when that will be done. Finished putting the hook and eyes on the doublet. Chad and I went back to my house and collapsed from exhaustion.

Sunday: Building at the Inn. I avoided the rest of my house cleaning and paid for it dearly. They wanted to make the shinny brass fixtures on the doors not shinny. Amy had heard that ammonia makes brass old looking. So I scrubbed the brass padlock clasp. It was a bust, and we decided that we better go with spray paint. Nobody bought gloves and I forgot to wash my hand. Then Amy mixed up bleach to scrub the baskets that already had mildew on them and I helped with that. I had to stop when my fingers started burning and I had no idea why. I still have holes in my fingertips. And no, I didn't figure out I had made hydrocholoric acid on my right hand until Monday. Boys got started on the new hearth and oven, and Amy and me hung the pennents.

Typing is still hell, since my middle finger has the biggest hole in it.

Monday: Work as usual, even though we lost two batchers. One is out this week on vacation, and one had to leave early due to a family emergency. But we got it done. I picked up Chad, and we booked it to the Varsity.

The concert was supposed to start at 8pm, and they didn't start till 9pm. Lord and Lady, how that man can play. But our feet went numb before it had even started. Scant seating in the Varsity. Oh but it was a great show. Must buy all his albums now, while he only has three. And the guitar Kenny Wayne used the most, you know that one is his baby. All the paint was wore off from the edge of the guitar to the strings where the wrist rests. And they ended with "Voodoo Child" again, and he played the guitar behind his head.

Belated supper was at Walker's Waffle House. We were the only real customers sitting in the meat locker of a restaurant, so food was quick and we barely had time to drain our drinks. Chad finally had to ask the waitress not to refill it since we had to sleep tonight.

I got home and in bed at 1am. I crawled out of bed at 6:30, which is the time I'm supposed to be driving. Consequently, I got caught in wreak traffic and was 30 minutes late to work.

But it was worth it.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: