Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Eowyn dress notes Day 2

For what happened before see Day One

5:45a.m. - Trying to get more tissue paper patterns cut, but I can't find the scissors. Found the scissors buried under the tissue paper. Got three more peices pinned to the blue. Most importantly the sleeves. Got to get dressed now.

Looking ahead, I think Peice 11 of the overdress will have to be narrowed. Which means I should probably narrow Peices 3 and 4 on the underdress.

6:15p.m. - Cooking before sewing. Finish eating and get started cutting out the rest of the tissue patterns.

8:40p.m. - Now have all the peices I am using pinned to the material both blue and red.

Fourth Step - setting up the sewing machine. I packed it to go to the Inn last weekened and haven't unpacked it yet. The back bedroom is my sewing room though it has exploded into the living room. Slight delay due to going outside and watching the lunar eclipse.

Fifth Step - cutting material.

10:20p.m. - After lots of short breaks to watch the eclipse, I finally got all the peices cut out. Feet are really hurting since I have to do all the cuttin standing up.

Sixth Step - following the directions and sewing up the dresses.

11:00p.m. - My first big oopsie. Sewing on side panels and managed to put the seams on opposite sides of the front panel. Take apart and redo.

11:30p.m. - Oopsie fixed. Front part of blue underdress is done. Looks like it fits. Here comes the hard part, the first peices left out. Sewing up the back seam, no zipped. Zippers in Middle Earth, ha! Then fitting it to me.

Thriced damn the way they designed the bodice of this gown! I'll have to add in peice 4 and I'm not sure there's enough material left. (I had decided earlier to leave peices out to narrow the shilloutte of the gown. Here I discovered that won't work. The blue material is actual salvage sheets, so it is in very limited supply.)

Okay, found two blue peices big enough for peice 4. At this point I don't care about the hem line. If I ever have time after Faire, I'll add more material to the bottom.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: