Thursday, January 17, 2008

Still not a hundred percent

And I think I must be the only person in the world who gets sick, loses appetite, goes to two meals a day, basically existing on fluids, and gains weight. I blame the mucus. The mucus must be heavier than everything else in my body.

I think the fever broke. At least since I started the antibiotics, the whole-body ache has stopped and I hadn't noticed the chills either. I haven't been taking my temperature so I don't know how accurate it is.

Went out today to get the rest of the antibiotics and an expectorant because I have moved into the phase of what is in my lungs doesn't want to come out no matter how hard I cough and damn my throat hurts when it does. And groceries--small list too. Took me over an hour to do two stores and fast food lunch. Took me over an hour to get dressed. Now I'm exhausted and spacey, but at least I had some food while I was out. Yesterday, it took two hours to put four pictures into the Educators' Guide. Some of that was searching for pictures but still.

The stupid Puritan work ethic thingy in me that has been making me feel guilty about missing so much work (paying job and writing at home) is now saying unless there's a miracle overnight, you probably shouldn't try to drive to Baton Rouge tomorrow.

I miss a shower when I'm sick. Well, I miss a shower all the time, but you can't get a bathtub steamy to help clear out congestion like you can a shower. I'm debating if a humidifier is actually worth the expense, or if I just fill up the 11-quart stockpot with water and boil that on the stove it would reach the whole house?

There goes the spacey again. I'm not trying to push myself too hard, but I need to finish the illustrations for the Educators' Guide by Sunday. AMF's website: most of what I'm coming up with to do requires conversion to Drupal, which I am putting to an after Faire starting point. Mostly because the changes need to be discussed in committee. I think what I will need to do is clean up the worst-of-the-color issues, update text where necessary, and get the ticket booth functional again is all I can do before Faire.

That's enough for an update.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Hope you feel better soon--how frustrating! (And thanks for the info on parkour--you were way ahead of me on that trend).

Unknown said...

The old aussie remedy is 3 drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of boiling water, and you sit over it with a towel covering both you and the bowl. Don't know if you can get eucalyptus oil over there though.

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Actually I think I can source the oil, it's just easier on the back and everything else to stand in the shower. In fact, I think Vicks put out something to put in the shower and get the eucalyptus vapor that way.

:p I'm going back to the Samantha nose twitch. When I get a new bathroom, I'll know it works. :D

Sharp said...

No, I don't think it's just you who gains weight when you eat less. When you miss meals, your body goes into starvation mode, storing fat, because it doesn't know there is going to be enough food. Instead of using that fat for energy, your body stores it, so you can have energy when you don't have food. It's a primal instinct, from before grocery stores. That's how I had it explained to me by a fitness expert.