Saturday, January 26, 2008

Politics that make me cry

But they are tears of hope. They are tears of honestly being moved by a politician's words. That maybe, just maybe, there is history being made and it's history to be proud of. I am so ready for the baby boomers to get out of the way. The world is already past all the shit their generation is still obsessed with.

Obama won South Carolina.
A transcript of his victory speech at CNN.com.
His speech on January 20th at Dr. King's church in Atlanta:

Louisiana has gone to a closed primary system and I missed the date to change my party in order to participate, (And I'm so going to send letters to my state legislators to explain to them you can't leave out the Independents.) so I'm stuck waiting for the Democrats to make Obama their choice and put him on the November ballot. An editor at Harvard Crimson explains why Obama is my choice.

It's nerve-wracking because, well, we as a nation don't always do the smart thing. Especially lately. And I really can't do anything until November. Actually, I think I'm allowed to donate money but I don't think I can do anything else with the campaign (ethic laws with being a state civil servant). I will check though. What I'm left with is sending out a lot of positive energy and mentally begging people to pick Obama.

He won South Carolina. Caroline Kennedy has endorsed him. And just to wrap things up with a laugh because I need one: The Daily Dish: Obama beats McCain and Huckabee Combined

Read Free!
The BookWorm

There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/

No comments: