- outstanding debts
- emergency savings
- construction projects
- Faire expenses
- retirement--moving Roth IRA from CD to something with stocks
- 1 or 2 CDs for safety sake
So I need another source of income that pays but it has to be flexible with the rest of my schedule. Freelance writing looks to be the only option. I have 5 websites that are reputable. They all have jobs I can do.
But I'm scared.
Oh this is absolutely fucked up. How the hell did I turn into a writer that is scared of writing? Scared of trying anything new?
Okay, anxiety police, self-esteem demons, etc. I'm freaked over being broke. This is a temporary condition and I have a plan to fix it. My writing skills are part of the fix and I have good ones.
I will not crack under this pressure.
I will be working all weekend to clease me, my house, my finances, and get a good hunk of that list done so I am free to focus.
I will get back on a schedule.
I will restart my fiction.
I will also apply for a gas station credit card so I will be free from the worry of getting back and forth to the paying job.
Tonight--regardless of how drained I feel--I'm bidding on at least 10 jobs (2 on each site). Wait 3 days and bid on 2 more each site again.
You know, I think this is the first time I have called the anxiety crap out. ANd it worked. Wow. I feel so much better now. Even about the agenda list that keeps getting longer. Now I have to go print this post out to remember everything I need to do.
- Call Dad about Demco stuff today
- Finish personal financial outlook with Quicken and new workbook
- Buy Christmas presents for Dad, Hannah, and Krista. Get wrapping paper from Mom.
- Wrap up Billy and Misty baby gifts so all I have to do is pack the car.
Put together Ikea shelves and rearrange movies.
- Enter the pile of new books into BookCAT
- Website updates
- Help Mom just short of going nuts
- Writing list
- Uncle Keith's obit
Spec letter to Uncle Dean
- Alien species outlines for Zy's Novel
- Alien languages for Zy's Novel
- Pages in Zy's Novel
- Editing Blue Man
- Editing Covenant
- Outlining webcomic project
- Printing and double checking Dec. mailout
- Research markets
- Goto State Library for research
- Find dice for Eric's Twelfth Night Feast
- Drink more water and go to the gym
- Mail spec letter to Uncle Dean
- Bring pile for Marian to WORK
- Get LEO password and business card to fax payroll info
- Buy 2 more Ikea shelves
- Bid on 10 freelance jobs
There is a new renaissance festival in Louisiana! Check out the Acadiana Medieval Faire at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/