Friday, April 30, 2004

Script idea and Weekend plans

I despise being broke. Loathing it doesn't even come close. The only time I haven't had to battle between paychecks is when I had two jobs. Quite frightening was the realization yesterday that I probably make around $900 a month, but have the expenses of $1800. Chad did point out that the working two jobs was a bad thing, which I agree with. But if the pay raise doesn't cut it and I don't start selling soon, I don't know what I can do. I'm afraid to pawn my possessions; I may never get enough money to get them back.

I'll get what bills I can wrote out tonight. I did bring them to work to do, but never got a chance since this was a deadline day. Icky weather too, but at least that kept the walk-ins away. Thunderstorms all weekend. And if Chad's roof leaks on me, I'm going home. :p

Still no stress this weekend. I have the Mother's Day project to do (though I'm not sure how I can pay for it), and trying to figure out what time is good weekend-wise for writing. Suppose to schedule for your most creative time of the day. I've been working in snatch mode for so long, I'm not sure when that time is.

Possibly working on Gemz idea. Well, I already had the idea but at least her wanting to do animation gives me carte blanche, possibly. Haven't heard back from her. But ever since Rick Ungar said he wanted to start the series over, I've been thinking of how to redo "Rock & Ride" and keep the magic it had. I enjoyed the playwriting class I had in college, I already visualize the stories in my head as a movie, and I want to write the new series scripts and get paid for it. Okay, I do realize the last part may have to wait till second season if it goes through at all. Still, I need to prove to myself I can turn out a professional product.

My ideas so far:
1). Keep basic premise: Bros crash on Earth, meet Charley, discover Limburger, have to stay on Earth.
2). Make promise and loss of home more poignant. Yeah, they're macho mice but if my timeline is anything to go by (and I don't have anything else) they have been away from years trying to make their way home.
3). Make the invasion of Earth inevitable. Which means the bad guys get a lot nastier, maybe not too much. Way I see it, you should have an over-arc story. Second or third season should end with the invasion of Earth starting.
4). Charley getting the idea to create her own Freedom Fighters and start working toward that goal. Albiet, something not understood until Season Two.

And no, I really haven't done a lot of brainstorming on this at all. I still like my idea of a captured Carbine, but that would probably mean Mars lost more than it gained. Hmm, unless it was a recent capture.

Read Free!
The BookWorm