Monday, April 12, 2004

About the trip

We left later than I wanted to, about 7am Central rather than 6am. Why? Because of not going to bed till midnight. Why were we stupid like that?

We promised my mother to fix the Direct TV wiring the weekend before. Well, we didn't get to it then and Chad said we had plenty of time to get it done Thursday night. No problem.

I should listen to my gut.

We drilled the holes into my sister's bedroom and fed the cables into there. We didn't find that out until after my father was up in the attic and we needed to feed the cable down behind my parents' bedroom wall. Why did we drill in the wrong spot? Because when my parents had siding put on their house, they ran the cable cable down from the attic underneath the siding before coming out with it. And we drilled where the cable came out.

We finally got my parents' bedroom hooked up and stopped before heading to the living room seeing that it was 10:30ish. Then I had to go online, get my friends' address, send out passwords, take a bath, and pack. So that's why I didn't want to get up at 5am.

The road trip Friday went smoothly. We encountered very little traffic and got to Clearwater about 8pm Eastern time, within the 12 hours I predicted. I am the navigator.

Yes, there was expressed doubt about my route. Me and Chad carvaned with Rick Hight, one of the owners of LARF. My friends Billy and Misty took us out to eat at Bennaigan's. Steaks and salads and ribs, and they like Chad and Chad likes them. Major goodies all round.

Saturday was Faire day. And I discovered that my black vinyl bodice needs a winter Faire. I pooped out quickly. And taking it off was suggested many times that day, but as I keep pointing out size D boobies without support is equally uncomfortable. We also ran into Alvon Brummfield and his family in tow, the other owner of LARF. Chad had been talking about our trip.

But we made an excellent contact for school day, a group of pirates connected with Capt. Jack. Not Johnny Depp, but the guy has the impersonation down perfect. He dribbled on my peasant blouse and they loved my ship necklace. They do black powder demos and put on the trial of Mary Read and Anne Bonny, little later than us but them gals were fun. I want to do the Pirate case on the school days now. *BOUNCE*

We left early because of my health. I was downing water like crazy and peeing so I was hydrated, but still too hot to go on. But it was a good thing, cause it gave Billy enough time to get things situated with his anime club and for us to woof down pizza and go see Hellboy.

I was going to go even if it sucked. Ron Perlman, I'll watch anything he is in since Beauty and the Beast went off the air. He's in The Name of the Rose along with Sean Connery and Christian Slater. Back to Hellboy, it didn't suck. It's a well crafted movie with complex good guys and interesting albeit freaky bad guys. Fun ride that stuck to its theme and characterization. It won't make as much money as Spidey 2, but there was our contribution to helping it break even.

We also got trailers for Arthur, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Looks like they're going for Arthur is a Roman--like modern research believes--probably heavily influenced by Mary Stewart's works. And it looks like the made Guienevre a Celt, which I think is pretty interesting. Van Helsing just looks damn cool. They kept the burning windmill from Frankenstein. I think it's going to end up being a new story that pays homage to the classic Universal monster films. Which is fine by me.

Sunday was the drive home. Completely uneventful. We made it back by 7:30pm Central time and had left Clearwater later than anticipated. Ate supper at our favorite Chinese buffet and discovered I'm broke again. *Groan* So now it's get through this week because Friday is payday.

Writing during the trip: I wrote about 4 paragrpahs. However the first two were telling not showing and I had to rewrite them. Total of usable paragraphs: 2.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: