Monday, April 26, 2004

No More Rejections

Quote of the Day: Well, I've got you the presidency, what are you going to do with it? -- Florence Harding, with of the 29th president

I got No More Rejections by Alice Orr by accident. I was supposed to say no for that selection but I forgot to do it. I started reading this weekend and now I'm glad I've got it. This blog will probably be changing direction again, so I can take advantage of the exercises she makes available.

In the meantime, on the time issue, I haven't reached a decision yet. As Chad and I discussed it (or rather he just listened to me rant), there is pay work, websites, tutorials, and RenFaire. Pay work isn't going anywhere unless I win the Powerball this week. Websites aren't a daily chore. I probably have a smattering of work the week before updates and then I'm through. Tutorials is writing and publishing, and I'm actually ahead in terms of writing them.

That leaves Faire, or more importantly, management in Faire, which I'm taking less and less pleasure in doing. It's not the people, because they are family, but all the responsibility. On the other hand, there's nobody who will take my neighborhood and I can't blame them. If I had known 5 years ago what I know now, I would have picked a different area to begin with.

I still need to consider it more, but I'm leaning toward this being my last year as a neighborhood leader. I'll stay involved, and I'll be guild leader of the pirates (provided I get an actual crew this year), but I'm tired and I need to focus concentration elsewhere.

Wonder how well this is going to go over with Chad.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: