Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Progress on Zy's Novel

Quote of the Day: If American politics are too dirty for women to take part in, there's something wrong with American politics. -- Edna Ferber

Finally got the first section of chapter three finished. It has been giving me fits just trying to find time to work on it. I'm such a creature of schedule.

I'm not finished with the first question, but the book recommends leaving space and going back. And if I keep spending a blog a day on each question of the exercise, I'll have blogs planned for the next two years.

I'm just a bit worried about references. Zy has spent her life devouring mysteries, and uses them to influence the detective she is trying to be. Maybe a special section in the back explaining the references. Nothing as absolute as footnotes, nobody likes footnotes in fiction. Though I wish Sayers had some with the French translated.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: