Thursday, March 25, 2004

Working for the weekend

Quote of the Day: Pay my taxi for me. I don't know how it happened but I brought out the bag I keep my going-abroad money in and the man simply won't take francs or liras or marks! -- Mrs. Ariadne Oliver Cards on the Table

I love Mrs. Oliver, while not that ditzy, I can sympathize with her plights. I also know never to create a character of a nationality that is completely foreign to you.

Turning on lights not so simple. I can usually get another 30 minutes after I've fed the cat and he's not be annoying. And I need that 30 minutes to function during the day.

Last night was supposed to go to bed early. Chad came over to do laundry. I got the tutorial sent out, finished the comic book sorting, cooked meatloaf, and we called a night at 10-ish. I crawled into bed at 11pm. I told him next week, I'm going to bed and he can wake me up after a nap or spend the night. He says he doesn't want to spend all day with Mustard, so maybe we should do laundry on Friday nights.

But I slept hard. I dreamed that my mother left my father and moved in with me. Nothing I did was good enough or the done the right way and I was going banannas. Never have I been so glad to hear the alarm clock. Give me dreams of badly CGI-ed Biker Mice movies any night.

Story news: I finished Chapter Two yesterday. So today will probably be getting it typed while I try to figure out how to get my no longer wanted comics on Ebay. It looks like close to a hundred in the box. I'd like to make a profit, but I'm just revealing in the fact that I have an empty file box now. Which I'm probably going to fill with items that I have to go through but are stealing space on the couch right now, but it's empty right now. This is a rare thing in my house.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: