Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Confusion

http://pub97.ezboard.com/fbmfm53205frm3.showMessage?topicID=235.topic

No, I don't think she's being malicious; I just can't get a grasp on what she's saying. We're talking in circles on the actual critique. Maybe that's why I feel dizzy. I say change the abbreviation and she says everyone knows what it stands for. I'm going to start calling her fics "Burger King realm," I just know I am. I say she needs more description in this story. She says they've all been described in the other stories. *Sigh* Each story must be able to stand on its own, and this one seems to have major crutches.

But the last paragraph just feels like she's putting the problems with the story all on me. I need to lighten up, I need to read the rest of her stories, there's a chance for a cure? WTF is up with that? You know, I seem to remember somewhere that the reader is entitled to either enjoy or not enjoy the story. And if they don't enjoy it, it is a deficiency of the writer not the reader.

*Snort* I have to wonder what the reaction would be if I had told her I didn't like the story and wanted to wop Harley in the head for being a whiny head case. Not that she doesn't have the right to be a head case, but at least be an entertaining head case. And the teenagers who can't feed themselves? And Maze the perfect man? *Gag noises* I have my doubts that it's better in the original Finnish.

Somebody else needs to comment on this and I don't blame them for avoiding it like the plague.

Course my confusion could also be from trying to type an Elizabethan Robin Hood play and Zy's novel at the same time while trying to comprehend this post. Then again, muddled writing always gives me headaches.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: