Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Back into the routine

Quote of the Day: When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking. -- Elayne Boosler

I think part of my out of sorts feeling was caused by the interruption to the routine. It was also caused by lack of sleep and pain, but upsetting the routine has its share of the blame. It's one thing to say "take it easy, rest, you need to." Quite another to convince yourself to do it when the living room looks like a file room threw up in it, you have so many stories in progress, a doublet that needs sewing, unpacking to do.

Enough of that. I'm updating the To Do List and sticking to it. I felt saner going by it even if I didn't get to everything. Less memory in use I guess.

Four Winds trip also made us--or at least me--appreciate our joust troop more. They putting on a really entertaining show, even if it has too much wrestling reference. But I haven't gotten tired of watching it after four years, that should've told me something. The Four Winds Joust Troop isn't too bad, they just need to work on the presentation more. But their squires. My squires would eat them for breakfast. Backing up a second, the squires are part of LRF's volunteer cast and under my neighborhood. Pirate Captain is in charge of the joust field, somewhere it does make sense. Our joust field is probably just a little shorter than a football field (one day I'm going to have to get the correct measurements) and we have done the show with just 3 squires when 5 to 6 is the norm. And that requires handing knights weapons, adding armor to the knights, taking care of the horses, and getting lances pieces out of the list field so the horses don't get injured. The first squire visible for Four Winds popped open a parasol and strolled out to replace rings. And then she didn't even replace the rings quickly. Peasants and squires and anyone else that is portraying working classes do not get parasols. I resisted the urge to get take it from her.

I did managed to clean out a good chunk of my comic book and magazine collection, only keeping the stories I really enjoyed. I think I'm going ahead and selling them on Ebay. I can't sell the magazines in a comic book store, and I'd rather them go to people who need them for their own collections. And I'm sure comic book stores buy from Ebay too.

Anyways off to the post office and then probably writing when I get back. It's a super slow day today.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: