Saturday, July 01, 2006

Da Da Da ddah duh da

Okay my talent lies not in being able to type out notes. Needless to say I've got Superman theme song playing on the computer.

THE MOVIE IS AWESOME!

Now Supes isn't my favorite DC character (Bats is better), but we NEED Superman. And yes, this is a theme of the movie. When Superman is done right, he makes you feel good about humanity, truth, and justice. (And it doesn't hurt they get guys who look good in blue tights.) Another reason why I would love for there to be a film version of "Kingdom Come," but Hollywood will never do it justice. All that said...

SUPERMAN RETURNS IS AWESOME!

I haven't met a Bryan Singer movie I didn't like, but he does the mythos justice with this film. They used all John Williams music, and sharper version of the 70s titles. The special effects didn't overwhelm the movie. The newcomer was great in the cape and the glasses. Kate Bosworth plays a great Lois torn by passion and a need for stability. And I don't blame James Marsden for jumping ship. Who cares about being second-fiddle to Superman when you actually have lines!

AND KEVIN SPACEY IS SUCH A BAD ASS!

He got the conniving, smart, bastard that IS Lex Luthor. I'd give the man another Oscar for this role, but I bet they won't let me. Shoot.

I even liked the kid.

YES, EXACTLY!

Actually my one gripe is early on in the movie it seems apparant that Lois Lane's head is made of the hardest substance in the DC Universe, and she's knocked out cold by a pantry door. My father pointed out well the inside of a Boeing 757 is plastic where the pantry door looked like stainless steel.

But SOMEBODY GO SEE THE MOVIE SO I CAN TALK ABOUT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT!

P.S. I finally got my prize pack today too.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: