Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Catch up from the Notebook

February 21: I started thinking this morning's commute on how to deal with the Blue Man's central problem: my protagonist doesn't detect much and my alien is flat. Tuesdays must be my new editing days, the influence of the Creative Writing class perhaps?

The problem is restructuring for the sake of this story without messing up anything I've alluded to in the novel. I'm pondering separate chases for them both, but it doesn't help develop a relationship between them. Requires more pondering and surrounded by cubicle walls not very conductive to pondering.

Now waiting during the break in class. The problem if they meet defeating Thirsten, there is no reason for Murdock to take pity on her and take her to outer space.

February 22: Pondering a bit more, maybe it's the morning commute. I could totally see Cyndia finding the crashed spaceship and finiding evidence that it's Thirsten's ship, and oh by the way he's an alien. Well at least that is forward momentum on the editing front and my brain actually wants to deal with the problem.

I have an appointment with a PT tonight finally. And I just discovered that the new cell phone has no off switch. Must study the manual more.

A coworker helped me find the off switch. So I don't come across as a total idiot, I went from Nokia phones to a Motorola. I'm not used to pressing the green send button either.

February 23: Finally got to see a PT, Rachel--a nice girl who wants to be a nurse. And she confirmed what I expected, I wasn't doing enough cardio to lose weight. My ability to lift weight is impressive for my overweightness I guess, or maybe for a girl. I ended up going to bed late because I had to cook supper. This weekend is my birthday weekend, 29-years-old on Sunday, and I don't really feel like doing anything but resting and pampering me.

Reality though, the massage spa was already booked yesterday for Saturday. I need to clean out the fridge and package food in correctly portioned meals for lunch and supper. I need to do laundry. Aside from sleeping in, that's not a whole lot of pampering. *Shrung*

Writing pondering: will probably be more detailed in Reading Diary, but the chapter on details in Lawrence Block's book made me wonder if I was getting trapped on details and frozen on progress. It goes a long way explaining jumpiness over Zy's Novel. Another thing to get to this weekend.

I'm writing everyday, but it's not fiction. Well, that just popped in my head but it's true. Reading Diary entries and posts for this blog, no problems. Concentrating on a story, big problem! I can guess why. I got yelled at just as I finished Capt. Kate's story, so I have to watch what I do at work. And it's easier to break up blog writing and homework between breaks. Might as well say lunch is a bust. By the time I get the laptop set up and have an idea to go with, lunchtime is over. By the end of March, things should be caught up and settled down. We'll have to see what happens then.

February 27: I forgot to clean the fridge and I didn't get to work on fiction, but I found fiction folders that have been missing since unpacking from my Katrinea evacuation. I did find my two desks and got to work on the resource guide for Acadiana Faire, which is more of a rush job. No teachers' workshop this year and we're publishing to a PDF on CD so I can use color. I also got my Valentine's day/birthday sewing table present put together.

No class tonight or tomorrow. I really want Mexican, but I'm going home and have frozen pizza. I have a lot of writing to catch up on. Tomorrow already has a large chunk of the day reserved to help Krista hunt garb fabric.

Today: Well, that was the plan before two hours stuck in a traffic jam stole my energy last night. And I had stayed late at work and must go in early Wednesday to deal with the end of renewal season mail that we didn't get to finish. So right now, I'm trying to get caught up on stuff and work on fiction. I've started on the Blue Man edits even though that hasn't completely gelled yet for me. I have to pull out Zy's Novel and see where I stand with it.

And at some point today I must clean the fridge.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big catch up! I've been away on training for the last couple of days.

Good enws about the PT! Hope she works out :)

Mez.

Anonymous said...

heyas from waaaaay up north :)

Glad to see yer still around :)

Red Dragon
ZytxZeeb (everywhere else) :)