Friday, February 17, 2006

First rehersal weekend

Won't be home this weekend because of Acadiana Medieval Faire's first rehersal weekend. I have to teach a class I'm really not feeling prepared for.

And all my garb is Elizabethan except for a few fantasy peices. Which goes back to the sewing problem mentioned yesterday. To which I'm giving serious thought to atleast getting half to three-fourths of the garb bought. What feels defeating about that isn't a hand-crafted vs. commercial, but that I like to sew and would like to learn a repitore of techniques and have a closet full of different centuries. The only way to learn is to actually do. And it's the kind of obsessive fun I can get into. I'm not a cosplayer, so it is just something fun to pick up that I don't plan on making a career out of. (Writing does not fit half the description, so it's not an even trade.) Everybody needs a hobby.

And I can't have one.

Maybe the reason you don't see my prioritizing and I avoid it until I'm pulling my hair out is because I have to make fucking depressing decisions.

I'm taking a half-day off work today in order to get everything packed and ready for this weekend. At least now I'm in a mood to claim mental stress for it. I'll be fine. I'll go buy more blue silk to hold until I can make Christine's outer dress properly, I'll go order the garb to cobble together into her outfit, I'll order the room for June, and I'll get Izzo out of the Library.

But I better leave now or I won't make it to Baton Rouge.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time!

Red.