Saturday, February 11, 2006

New printer!

I got a new laser printer today! And my first real receipt to keep track of for tax deductions. Inkjet is still functional, but print quality isn't good enough for submissions. And I don't need them to bitch about excessive print jobs at the paying job. However new shiny printer will have to reside in the box until I find a place in the office to put it.

This is going to be hard.

Keeping the inkject for stuff I want in color, and inkjet is not in the most accessible spot on top of my computer desk hutch. Okay, so I'm short and I have an exercise bike in the way. Exercise bike needs a new seat, but that doesn't get the printer put up. The rest of the hutch is filled with speakers, DSL modem, label printer, and camera dock.

The pennisula of the computer desk is filled with boxes from the neverending scanning project. Okay, I plan on consolidating tomorrow.

No, the plastic drawers stacked next to the desk for paper won't be sturdy enough. The cart on wheels usually rests in front of the AC unit. Putting printer on top of that does not keep the room cold. Table desk across from computer desk is space for spreading out and handwriting. Plus cords would have to cross the room. I'm a klutz.

Maybe behind the monitor? Course then we have the loading paper problem. Maybe if I shift the scanner and the USB hub. That might make the scanner harder to use.

Okay, so who's the moron who said technology makes our lives easier?

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: