Sunday, January 22, 2006

Well one room finished

It's 5pm and the kitchen is done. Except for building the plate rack, but that's going to have to wait for decent weather for woodworking and staining. Muggy and rainy is not that. And few odd dishes I found to wash.

Now for the office and homework. *Sigh* I always leave the worst room to last, why is that? I may take the homework first.

But here's a question for all you computer gurus out there. I have BellSouth DSL, on all the time. So why do certain websites and certain programs trigger a pop-up box to sign up through the Dial-up connection? Bell South offers a dial-up connection should something happen to the DSL. But nothing has happened to it when I get these, I usually have all green lights on my external modem. Any thoughts?

Read Free!
The BookWorm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we're in similar stages with our respective houses :P

Erm, you're not using Ie are you? If you don't already have an antivirus and adaware download some (search google for adaware and avg antivirus, I can't remember who makes thm but they're both free for personal use) and run both. My guess is you picked up some spyware and it's trying to convince you to call some expensive number or it's trying to spoof your login details.

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Use Mozilla at home, except for trying to post pics to the blog. That doesn't work under Mozilla for some reason. It was happening today mostly with Windows Media player, so it wouldn't surprise me to be a glitch that spyware has grabbed hold of. Don't understand why it does it when I'm browsing Keenspot comics though--the other time I've noticed it occuring.

Have both those programs and ran them this morning.