Friday, January 20, 2006

I Swear It's Not a Procrastination Tactic

I went out, ate, grabbed books, and went to Lowe's for kitchen organization supplies and wood for the plate rack project, and bugged two very nice employees over said wood. Got home at 8:40pm. *Bangs head on monitor.*

Book buying was a little annoying. Granted, there's a reason why we call the chain bookstore Books-a-Thousand in Hammond. But still. There's four books by Carolyn Hart that I need to complete the Death on Demand series beside the new book in April. How many did the store have? Zero. Needed two to complete the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King. Only had one. Okay, so I went through my list of authors from the Southwest chapter of WMA. Out of fourteen writers from the state of Louisiana, they only had one and only had her latest book. I ended up grabbing some Anne Perry titles I didn't have and Wilkie Collins "Lady in White" to round out my spree.

Looking at J.A. Konrath's blog entry for today, and I probably pulled a self-esteem/attitude bad yesterday. I emailed the Southwest chapter of MWA to see if I could attend their conference. I should've just started my application to MWA. Which I will tonight--can't promise right now at the paying job.

Tonight is back to the gym. And now that I know how my locker works, it shouldn't take thirty minutes to dress out. I hope the PT gets in contact with me soon; I'm tired of waiting. ANd I'm none too sure if the young lady behind the desk who took my papers knew what was going on.

Oh, my new homework blog has started at the Reading Diary.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: