Friday, January 06, 2006

Bum deal

I'm tired, I'm cranky (PMS), I'm stressed out over money, I'm probably getting bad news from my doctor in about an hour, I'm having trouble focusing and keeping my butt in the chair.

Ugh, I should be beyond this now. I've been writing since I was 11. Slipping into an imaginary world should be second nature. Instead I find my brain freezing without my notes. Yes, I know that half of what I'm doing to Zy's novel is editing and expanded on a half-finished first draft, and of course I need notes for that. But that doesn't explain the free-fall and the over-whealming desire to jump out of the chair and do anything else, everything else.

The Time Management for Writers book wasn't a big help. Well, other than pointing out how desperately I need to manage my time better. The tips were geared for article writers. Or is it just resistance to look for anything worthwhile in the ideas?

I have the weekend to myself--Chad is in Lafayette on business. This is an opportunity to figure things out. And to clean house.

Time to go to the doctor.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: