Sunday, January 15, 2006

A weekend and a half

I wonder if I'll actualy have time to type this entry later? (Typed on the 17th.)

Saturday the 14th: The plans were simple. Straighten the house and write. Straightening house at this point means practically a spring cleaning. Of course, the plans were interrupted by having to help Dad with his surveying project. Still I managed to get a couple of pages and my bedroom done.

I was in the middle of watching Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind when Mom comes yelling the woods are on fire. So we got to spend a couple of hours firefighting. A little history, my family has occupied this land for five generations now and they picked a spot descending into the creek gully as the dump. My pleas to stop dumping and burning there because I want to landscape said gully have fallen on deaf ears. Maybe now I can make some progress on that score.

Unrelated to that, my sister Kai decided to move back to Texas. I hope everything works out for her there.

Sunday the 16th: got the living room and bathroom clean, then promptly filled my bedroom and living room with stuff from the back bedroom so I could put a closet organizer on the back wall. I didn't finish that part of the project and will have to start again tomorrow.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: